Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 2 on Joylent

Hello /r/Soylent and others,

I'm writing this in bed, it's almost 1 AM. This post won't be as long - not only because I'm tired - but also because there hasn't been much change. Let's get to it.

Taste and sent

Taste remained the same (obviously), but I did put less Joylent into my pitcher so it became less present (which I think is a good thing). I'm gonna stick with the balance between Joylent and water that I've got now. I don't hate the taste, but I don't like it either. Also, this way my stomach handles it a lot better (I was too full too fast with the 3/4 Joylent, 1/4 water ratio. It's 50/50 now).

Yesterday night me and my roommate (who is also on the same diet) have ordered two bottles of food flavouring, just to experiment. It's a concentrated flavouring, so if anybody knows whether that can harm my Joylent batch, please let me know! I ordered the melon taste, he ordered vanilla butter.

After drinking it

This time, with the new ratio, it was easier to get down. I drank my first pitcher relatively easily in an hour or so. That was breakfast, lunch was the same and diner went down even a little bit quicker (note: I had more hunger).
The grittiness was a little less but still present, which I'm trying to get less even more by letting the Joylent sit for the entire night (refrigerated, don't worry). I also ate a couple Mentos fruit dragees, but I don't think that effects it that much.

How my body reacts to it

The bowel movement calmed down a bit (it kinda felt normal now), so I think that's a good thing. It might also have to do something with it being less heavy. The farts remained the same, unfortunately.
I pooped three times today, which is normal for me. It was a bit less, though, but I think the real difference will come tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

I'm really excited to try out the Joylent with the food flavouring, which should arrive tomorrow. I ordered it on some Dutch pie store website, and it costed around €1,75 (excl. shipping).

I'll keep you posted, most likely at the end of day 3! Any questions and/or comments are greatly appreciated and I will try to answer them all as soon as possible.

Greetings,

Tom




No comments:

Post a Comment